Sunday, August 21, 2011

Storytelling Sunday---40th Anniversary

Today is my 40th anniversary. Where in the world has the time gone? I remember Butch's proposal like it was yesterday. He was working a full time night job along with his full time day job. We used to spend a lot of time on the phone late at night. One night, he said to me, "You know, I was thinking---I think two can live as cheaply as one---you want to get married?" How romantic!! Seriously, he's not all that romantic, but he has definitely had his moments over the years---especially when it really counted. Here's a little bit of romance from Christmas, 2010---etched in to my new iPod:
But, regarding his proposal, did you pick up on the "hint" of what was to come? The comment about two living as cheaply as one...he's been thrifty from the very beginning. At least he didn't get my ring out of a Cracker Jack box! And I think in retrospect, he would now disagree with his own statement. Two cannot live as cheaply as one if one of those two is ME! He still loves me even if I spend all his money and I love him for letting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.