Thursday, August 11, 2011

Geo-Caching and Antique Shopping

We decided to go to Lebanon, TN yesterday for some geo-caching and antiquing. Morgan and Carson came with us. They did the geo-caching with Butch while I did the antiquing. This is a tourist mecca for antiquing----and the prices reflected that. I was pretty disappointed, but did manage to find one thing---the blue vase shown below.



I finished before they did, so they picked me up. We went to 3 more caches before stopping for lunch. You cannot geo-cache without a "boy." They aren't afraid to stick their hands in to spidery webby, buggy, dirty type places. I need to wear gloves.
 Carson's hands were all dirty, rusty----doesn't show up so well in the picture.
 Butch left it up to us to decide where to go for lunch. I haven't had White Castles in a couple of years, so I picked---Morgan and Carson were okay with that. Since when did the burgers become sliders? Butch convinced me to combine our combos and share. He wanted fish and I wanted burgers. I got the 4 pack and gave him 2. He got the 2 pack and gave me 1. I decided that although the fish was good, it's just not right to have fish at White Castle. In the future, it will be burgers only for me.

A nice thing I noticed---Carson opens the car door for Morgan and got her drink at WC---and even offered to get her another when she didn't like the taste of the Mr. Pibb. What a nice kid! Besides that, what guy would want to spend the day with his girlfriend's grandparents? He spends a lot of time here with her and we love it!
My one and only "find." It's supposed to be a vase, but it's pretty shallow---more like a gravy boat. Now, to find a place to put it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.