Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Couple of Firsts

Jordan just landed her first job---and such a coincidence too! During our Eads' girls weekend, we were talking about Sara's job at a vets'. Well, Jordan is also going to be working for a vet---split shift and all. Actually, the hours sound perfect---4-6 every day after school every other week and every other weekend---split shifts on the weekend. She'll be doing the "stinky" work. And she'll be wearing that dog stink home! The funny part is that they didn't tell her how much they are paying her and she's too "green" to ask. Next week is her spring break---which she has decided to forego due to the new job. I'm proud of her for being so conscientious. I think she takes after her mom! At least we sure hope so!


And a first for Mindy. She and I went to the bank this morning to cash her bonds from mom. She was saying how I would get to meet her "banker boy" who totally loves her. I had a deposit and then needed to cash a counter check. Mindy made out a counter deposit. I noticed that she had her checkbook in hand and asked her if she was out of deposit slips. She looked at me kind of funny and said "what?" She tried to cover with some lame excuse, but it seemed pretty obvious to me that she didn't know that there were deposit slips in the back of her checkbook! 


Next, we approach what I assume is the assistant branch manager's office---must be the assistant as I'd assume the branch manager would be off on Saturdays. Before we reached the door, he called out, "hey Mindy!"---we southerners do say "hey" ya' know! 


Jordan and Mindy a few years back
While going through the bond cashing process, I asked the banker how we could find out if some of the bonds were missing. He went online and discovered the frustration that I felt. You click on lost or stolen bonds only to have a form to fill out that REQUIRES the bond serial number. Duuuuhhhh, if I knew the number, that would mean I was looking at the bond. He managed to find some other information and printed off the phone number for Mindy. While he stepped out, Mindy said, "you know when grandma gave us the bonds, we just thought, "oh, another bond." She said that even though they weren't exciting at the time, it sure felt good to get this nice chunk of change. I asked her what she plans to do with the money. Sounds like she has a good plan. I just hope she keeps to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.