Saturday, December 18, 2010

There's Not a Thing This Man Wouldn't Do For One of His Girls!

Okay, so we were really having a cold spell in Nashville. It started snowing last Sunday after pouring down rain all day Saturday. We barely got enough snow to cover the grass. It was the ice that caused all the problems here. Mindy called Sunday evening to ask us what time she should plan to leave for the airport in the morning---in order to allow enough time due to the weather and "iffy" roads. We told her that the only roads she'd have to worry about would be in her apartment complex and the short road to the highway. Once she got there, the highways would be clear. Butch called her back to remind her to allow an extra 15 minutes for de-icing and scraping her car. After all, she's been in New Orleans for the last 7 years and has no snow experience. It's really pretty funny how these southerners are about snow. I have a friend that I had to pick up Monday because she was afraid to drive. I guarantee you that regardless of the temperature, our roads are clear by 10 a.m.---and they were. Still ALL of the schools were out---too bad since this is exam week. For the girls, that means that they had to go to school on Friday. 

Anyway, back to Mindy's story. We told her to call us when she got to the airport. I woke up at 6:15 and yelled out to Butch to see if Mindy had called (he had gotten up at 4 this morning). He said "no", so I called her and asked where she was (have you ever noticed that when you call people on their cell phones, the first thing you ask is "where are you?"). She said that she was at the airport---"didn't dad tell you? He came and picked me up at 5:30 a.m.!" He was worried about her and didn't sleep well. All he could think about was that she would be trying to scrape her windows in her business attire and patent leather heels! I'm glad he takes care of us. I don't know what we'd do without him. It just concerns me that I had no idea that he left the house. That means I never even heard the alarm sound. Plus, the time he left would be about my gettin' up time. What's gotten into me---sleepin' in 'til 6:15?
Don't let the table fool you. The snow barely covered the ground.

You could still see through the snow to the patio.

It does look like a winter wonderland out my front door.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are knocking our snow! It was a solid 4.5 inches at my house - a huge amount for us!! And I was ticked that I had to go to work. The roads at 7:30 am were treacherous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.