Saturday, October 30, 2010

Luggage Lessons

While I was out-of-town last week, Butch, Stephanie and Mindy had dinner. Mindy is all excited because she will be making her first trip out-of-town for work soon. Steph told her that the large duffle bag she's been using to travel with really wasn't appropriate for the corporate world. Mindy put her dad on it. He was so excited to get her $400 worth of luggage at Kohl's for $125 (on sale, extra 25% off coupon and then a reward card). She came from work on Friday night. Butch introduced her to her new luggage and then proceeded to show her all the features and how to use it. As he was giving her "luggage lessons," she smiled at me and said, "mom, this is just how he acted when he was showing me how to load the dishwasher." She thinks her dad is so cute (well, actually, I do too).

We had cocktails on the patio with a fire in the fire pit. Butch grilled salmon and I made parsleyed potatoes and brussel sprouts to go with it.

Mindy had brought over a scary movie for us to watch. We don't watch movies like that, but she convinced us we should since it was Halloween weekend. The movie was The Orphan and was really good. Even though it was predictable, there was an unusual twist at the end.

Afterwards, we were just talking---it was about 10:45. Mindy decided to spend the night because she'd had a couple drinks. With all this cooking, her stopping by for lunch and dinner and spending the night, all of a sudden, it occurred to me that Mindy had actually moved back home without telling us. When I got up this morning, I knew it was true---every light in the house was on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.