Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home

So here is Mindy's new apartment. I have to admit, when I saw it for the first time last Thursday, I was overwhelmed with all the work.

Butch and I went over on Sunday to drop off some things. When we left, I told Butch that I was glad that Mindy was all excited about joining my stitching group and was enjoying getting back in to it. But I could not sit and stitch amidst this chaos. I would have to work. Mindy is much more laid back than me.



I spent most of Monday organizing, cleaning stuff and decorating. You can see the after pictures below.

Her apartment is really cute and nice, but sorely lacks storage. I took a couple shots of the pantry---one can deep and the "hall" closet that can only hold 5 coats.

Perfect for a 25+ yr. old!!

She got insulted when I suggested that the boxes of clothes in her bedroom were the same boxes that "lived" in the dining area of her old apartment for 2 and a half years! I've vowed to keep quiet about her "straightening (or lack there of) skills."
The dresser is new, but other than that (and the jewelry armoir from Target we're using as a night stand), the bedroom furniture is "used" that I had spray painted black.


Then on to my house---it's Halloween around here. I really had to force myself to do a little decorating---just didn't feel like it with recent events.

















Then, after being at Mindy's all day, I came home to find that Butch had put the house on the market without even telling me!! Since when is he starting to get involved in the decorating. Oh yeah, that's right---the outside is "his."

4 comments:

  1. Mindy's apartment looks great! Nice job, Mom! I hope she keeps it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God you scared me. For a minute there I thought Butch had really put your house up for sale but deep down I knew he couldn't without discussing with you. Let me go on record as proclaiming that I think it should be a "family" decision --- the "original 7", that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy's closet stresses me out!!!! Doesn't everyone organize their closet by sleeve length, then color???

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, it's color first then size, then sleeve length!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.