Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Great New TV Find!!

I have Sandy to thank for this. She introduced me to a new show---knowing my love of show tunes. It's GLEE! I was so excited about this show that I was telling Stephanie and the girls about it. They said that they already had been watching it. It started in the fall of 2009 and picked up again this spring. I couldn't believe that the girls hadn't mentioned the show to me---considering it is SO "up my alley."

It's about a high school glee club that is considered to be a bunch of geeks even thought there are a couple of football players and cheerleaders in the club. It's a quirky show---a drama and a comedy all at once. But, it's the singing and dancing that blows me away. These kids have the most incredible voices. I've already watched the first dvd collection of the first half of the season and can't wait for the second half since I've only seen 3 episodes of that. They have all kinds of guest stars---including Kristen Chenoweth and Idina Menzel from Broadway (my dream is to see them live). They sing everything from Lady Gaga and Beyonce to Queen, Journey and show tunes---you name it, a little of everything.

I watched the extras (I'm obsessed like that---I watch ALL the extras of any dvd I see) and found out that the best dancer of the bunch is the guy that plays his part in a wheelchair, so he never gets to dance on the show. On one episode, in order for the kids to understand what it's like to be in a wheelchair, they did a routine on the song Proud Mary---"rollin' on the river"---it was fabulous. The kids are all cute and so are the teachers. The cheerleader coach is hysterical---calls her girls the cheerios.

Now, I can't say for sure if Butch likes the show---I don't think he would admit it anyway---but he stayed up past his bedtime last night to watch the final episode of the dvd's with me. And now tonight, he said he was going to bed and I said I was going to watch the season finale of GLEE---he stayed up and watched it with me! Tonight, Josh Groban and Olivia Newton John were on.

I'm just saying---if you need something new to check out this summer with all the re-runs---give GLEE a try. It starts over and will run all summer on this Thursday at 7 p.m. on FOX. Totally worth the time---even if just for the music. Check it out here (I hope it's clickable---sorry---couldn't do anything about the commercial):

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.