Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Girl's Trip to Chicago

On Christmas Eve, the last gifts that Sandy, Stephanie and Mindy opened were charms from Juicy Couture for their bracelets along with a note that I was taking them on a girl's trip to Chicago where they would pick out another charm.

Sandy told me that for several days, Elizabeth kept talking about the girl's trip to Chicago. Sandy finally said, "Elizabeth, you're not going." To which she responded in all of her 4 year old wisdom: "mom, it's a girl's trip and I'm a girl!"














I felt a little bad, but not for long! I "treat" the "kiddoes" regularly!

Our trip was great. Our friends kept emailing or texting about the weather and if it had ruined our trip. We were oblivious to the storm. Turns out, it happened during the hour and a half we were having "high tea" at the Drake Hotel---where we stayed.

Sure, I've taken the girls shopping before---mostly New York & Co., which I almost consider disposable clothing---it's so cheap---but never had I indulged them like this. I could just see Butch rolling his eyes when the girls called him with daily reports!! They picked out a pair of Ray Bans for him.

We arrived on Thursday and did just a little shopping. We had a nice lunch at Spiazza and browsed the shops a little more before our Segway tour. Sandy and Stephanie had never done that before---great way to tour a city. We had Chicago pizza after at Giordano's---you have to get on the waiting list---they give you a time---and then when you are 45 minutes out from being seated, you order your pizza. Delicious---much better than my first experience with Chicago pizza about 18 years ago.

I was so excited to see Billy Elliot on Friday night. It was good, but I was a little disappointed. I couldn't really see why it won 10 Tony awards in 2009. I've had it on my list to see---at least I can cross it off---don't need to see it again and don't need to buy the music (didn't even sound like something Elton John would write).
We spent all day on Saturday in Macy's. We hit their summer clearance sale just right---I had a coupon for an additional 20% off for the whole day. The girls started with beauty makeovers at the Estee Lauder counter---they also had one of their free gift promotions going on. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and then back to Macy's. Everybody found some cute things. I got a few things too. All around, a successful trip---but, boy, time sure does fly when you are having fun!



3 comments:

  1. I had the best time ever!! I can't wait for our next girls' trip! Thanks Mom and Dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've forgotten that Butch is unemployed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it! Thanks for everything mom!! (and dad) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.