Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Catering to the Girls---Day 3

After nearly being late yesterday, I gave the girls their wake-up call at 6:15 a.m. I knew they wouldn't get up, but that didn't worry me. All of a sudden, my old, mother tricks came back to me. Every minute or two, I yelled a different question up to them. "How many pancakes do you want?" 2 minutes later, "chocolate chip, pecan or plain", 2 minutes later, "how many strips of bacon do you want", "do you want milk or water." I won, they got up---and it was before 6:30.

As soon as they got to the table, I started nagging. "Morgan, did you take your pill---do your  back exercises? Jordan, did you finish your homework---what time did you go to bed?" I don't want to make it too much fun being here! 

Morgan told Jordan that she looked like a "skank" because she didn't have her top blouse button--buttoned. Butch and I both chimed in that she looked fine. Morgan insisted that she must be trying to impress someone. Believe me, Jordan was not voluptuously hanging out in any way. We're talking the second blouse button---the third one was securely buttoned a good inch above the bra line!

As they were walking out the door---on time---I asked, "whose underwear are these on the kitchen floor?" Not exactly appetizing. Their crap is everywhere. Okay, they weren't exactly underwear, but tights. Still, they were inside/out. Who wants to see a "crotch" so early in the morning?

The girls did save us a little money at breakfast. Neither of them used their napkin.

Jordan had a half day today, so I had the carpool run at noon. Jordan also had a doctor's appointment at 3, so we went to lunch. About the time we arrived at O'Charley's---about 1:30, Steph called to say the appointment had been cancelled. Jordan's doctor has the flu! We went home for naps. I changed my clothes only to find that Jordan had taken my favorite nap spot---the couch. She got up for a second to get her phone. I quickly grabbed the couch and reminded her that she forgot to call "place back." Come on, I know it sounds like 3rd grade, but calling "place back" is a universal rule! She went upstairs!

Morgan got home around 3 with 3 friends in tow. They were getting ready here to go to a cheerleading competition (just to watch) at Father Ryan High School. I agreed to drive there and someone else is bringing them home. What I didn't know is that they were decorating t-shirts here. Morgan had already gotten one from Butch. 

I had planned homemade pizza for dinner. I was making 2 mediums for the 4 of us, but suddenly that had to stretch to 7. Turns out they apparently didn't like sausage and mushroom, so the 5 girls shared the pepperoni.  OMG--sorry this getting too long. Anyway, they wanted me to stop at Target so they could buy some bandanas. Instead, I went to the kitchen cabinet and pulled out about a dozen. They were impressed that I had them. I offered them the cowboy hats, but they didn't want those. Morgan wanted to know "who just happens to have bandanas laying around." I've used them for entertaining with a western theme for one of my "functions." Good thing I kept them.

One thing I am learning about myself this week: I am not as flexible as I think I am. I am really set in my routines. I'm used to getting on the treadmill every morning between 5 and 6. It's the first thing I do. It's been really hard to do it later. Today I got on at 7 as soon as the family left. By the time I finished and took my shower, it was 8:30. Sheesh, I'm usually an hour into my day by then.

Two more days....

1 comment:

  1. Glad they were considerate enough to save you some money!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.