Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I decided a few years ago that I wasn't going to make anymore New Year's resolutions.  For someone that takes follow-through seriously, it was just too much of a burden---and very demoralizing to constantly fail. But for 2009, I've decided to try again. 

Here's my list and I'll admit upfront that I might not follow through with a couple---but hey, I can still start the New Year off with high hopes, big dreams and great expecations:

Lose weight (always at the top--but now that I'm off the Prednisone, I feel hopeful)
Excercise more (this isn't all that hard. I just need to get back into the habit)
Get the ironing caught up (just joking---I really have no intention of ironing)

Now to the more realistic ones:
Get Mindy's closet cleaned out (I've been postponing it for a year)
Spend more time learning stuff on my computer (as you can tell by my new picture, I didn't       know how to make it small like Steph's)
Cut myself a break and realize that I don't have to scrapbook everything
Go to St. Louis at least 4 times in 2009 (fun to do, but hard to find the time)
Get the house re-organized from top to bottom (this should probably move up to the list that might not get done)
Do my part for world peace (whatever that is--just felt like I needed an altruistic goal too)
Quit smoking (oh wait, I already did that 25 years ago)
Quit drinking (I guess I better start first)
Continue with the duct tape (I've done great this year with keeping my mouth shut---really hard for a Zimmermann)

I hope you all have success with your New Year's resolutions too.  After all if we never broke them, we wouldn't have to make them in the first place!

P.S. Well see there, I already figured out the picture thing.  I'm leaving the "big" one for a couple days so you will know what I was talking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.