Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What Goes Around, Comes Around

I never really knew what that meant until I realized that Butch is using my "tricks" on me now! I guess after 36 years, he's learned them all. He has been talking about getting himself a bike for several weeks. I tried ignoring him for awhile thinking he'd forget about it. But when he didn't, I just brought up the obvious reasons why it's a waste of money: no time to ride, it would just sit in the garage where we don't really have room for it and besides, it's probably just a passing fancy anyway. Apparently, he's really serious because he even brings it up with friends about how Barb won't let him get a bike (I guess I have more power than I thought).

Anyway, on our way to church on Sunday, I asked him what he was going to do today. (Okay, stay with me here, it will make sense soon). He replied, "I'm going to a couple Open Houses"! That caught me off guard! He's made comments about moving now and then, but again, I thought he'd forgotten about that---especially since I'm doing so much re-decorating. To make a long story short, the house was much more than I want or need. So, on the way home, I said, "Now I get it---if you can't have a new house, you'll take a new bike". Therefore letting me know he's settling and getting his way at the same time. What can I expect? He learned from the master!

2 comments:

  1. he's learned from BOTH the masters (or maybe we've both just learned from you)... incidentally my most recent blog post is about dad too, only it's about me getting my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really hoping you're talking about a bicycle!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.