Saturday, September 1, 2007

Cell Phone Ignorance

I don't know what made me think I could download a new ringer for my phone without Mindy's help. But, I decided to do it anyway. Everyone knows my love of theater and showtunes. A few years ago with Mindy's help, I downloaded a tune from Phantom and another from Rent. Well, I'm kind of tired of them, so decided to download one from my favorite musical of all time---Les Miserables. The song I picked is "The Dream I Dreamed". Just punch a few buttons and select---simple, right? Wrong! Oh, I did it all right. I guess there was a way to preview or find out what the song would sound like. That would have been nice. Imagine my surprise when my phone rang with the lyrics---"I had a dream my life would be... so different from this HELL I'm liiiving"! That song is so beautiful with rich lyrics and I get that line? It's so far from the truth---my life is pretty darned good. Now what am I going to do? I've already paid $2.50 for it. But if I keep it, I might jinx myself. What to do? That's what I get for trying to be "hip".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.