Sunday, May 27, 2007

Home Alone...

And lovin' it! I just seem to get so much more done without having to think about cooking, makeup, or leaving the house.

My weekend started with the little girls on Friday night. I picked them up from school along with a couple of their friends for a swim party. I took their friends home about 6:30 so our evening could begin. We drove through McDonald's (where the girls used to think I knew every person that worked there. They finally figured out that I just read their name tags and addressed them by name). We got home a little after 7 and changed into our jammies. The first movie was Pursuit of "Happyness". I don't think Morgan even made it to the end beore she fell asleep. Next, Jordan and I watched "Mean Girls". I was dozing by the end and couldn't stay up for the 3rd one (which was going to be "Night at the Museum". I went to bed about 11 while Jordan stayed up to wait for Butch to get home from poker. She's the little night owl. She played on the computer while watching Nick at Night. I heard Butch come in and the two of them having a conversation---unusual since neither of them talk much.

The next thing I knew, I woke up to Morgan trying to get in my bed. Jordan was telling her to get out. It was then that I realized that I was now sleeping with the girls and Butch was on the couch. I don't know how that happened! They get what they want---no doubt!!

Saturday morning was off to a rocky start as Steph arrived for Indy without the clothes Morgan requested. It tickled me to see her deal with the moodiness of girls. Butch helped by getting Morgan to smile and I gave her a little talk about how hard it was to have such a crappy mom---that almost made her laugh out loud. Anyway, they were out the door by 7:30.

Mindy's new furniture arrived around 8, so I spent most of the day putting her room back together. I call it Mindy's furniture which would imply that she could take it when she officially moves out, but that's not going to happen. Realistically, she's already gone---just the remnants of her childhood remain. And since I put most of that stuff away (don't open the closet), the room looks a little sparse and sad. But at least we have another guest room with a queen bed and full bath. That is going to come in handy now that all 3 girls live out-of-town.

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.