As you are reading this, I will be leaving on my Queen Mary II Crossing from New York to Southampton, England on the Cunard Line. It's a throwback to the Titanic--very fancy! You have to get dressed up for dinner. Not sure I'm going to like that. Plus, I'm pretty sure that I won't want to do a 2 hour dinner every night. Especially when I have tea at 3:30--I'll probably just skip dinner. Anyway, that's my plan.
Queen Mary fun facts:
*There are 150 chefs and 112 galley workers!
*They serve 16,000 meals a day!!
*There are 9 bars/lounges and 8 restaurants.
*It has the largest library at sea with 8,000 hardback books, 500 paperbacks and 200 audiobooks.
*The ship’s deep bass horn can be heard for 10 miles.
*The Queen Mary is considered a floating museum. We need to find the 8ft. portrait of founder, Samuel Cunard made out of hundreds of tiny photos of vintage Cunard ships. The Carpathia was a Cunard ship that came to the rescue of the Titanic.
*There are 600 original pieces of art.
Once we arrive in Southampton, we'll have a transfer to London. We're excited to spend a couple days there.
I love this picture so much.
Now for some other interesting pictures. This is Nashville at night!
I don't know where this is, but it sure is beautiful.
I would love to see this--the Longaberger headquarters in Newark, Ohio.
So true!
Seriously??
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.