Monday, September 7, 2026

Monday Mystery

So, I had what might be my last pool party last Wednesday. It all depends on how the weather is when I get back from my Queen Mary II crossing. We'll see about that. But for today, I have a mystery.

Last Wednesday when I went to open up the pool bath door, I couldn't get it open. I asked Butch to do it. He told me to go outside and try pushing while he pulled. That door has been sticking for awhile now. Anyway, it wouldn't budge. That made me think that the deadbolt might be locked--there should have been some give as the door did open and close. 

I went in to the bathroom drawers to look for the key which I haven't seen in years. I finally found it in the back of one drawer. I put it in and turned the deadbolt. It opened. What the ??? How is that possible? We haven't locked that door---EVER--since we moved in here in 1995! 31 years! So how could it possibly be locked? We are the only two here and neither of us did it. 
In fact, the only person who has been here since my last pool party is Margarita. Considering this is Labor Day, I won't see her until the week after I get back from my trip--9/28! 

Then I thought about the key in the family room door and decided to see if that fits this lock. It did. But, why would Margarita decide to take that key and lock the door--then return it to the family room when she has never done that in the 23 years she's worked for us?  

It makes no sense. It's a mystery for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.