Sunday, July 26, 2026

Something for Sunday

This weekend, my niece, Jackie and husband, Greg came to town along with Evie and Josie. The purpose of the trip was so that I could work with the girls to make their scrapbooks honoring their gram--Janet. We all still miss her so much!!

Anyway, we did finish the albums, but I'll save them for next weekend's Scrapbook Saturday post. 

Instead, I'll give you an update on my flowers.

This is what the hibiscus looked like when we brought it out in the spring:
It barely made it though the winter and then our "big freeze!" Look at it now:
It has bloomed several times already, but all this rain has stopped that. I hope it has more blooms soon. 

And then there was this beauty--my "sucker" plant:
It started out like this--so beautiful! And then...
...within two days, it looked like this. I thought it was a goner for sure. But, it has rebounded a little.
I don't think it will ever be as pretty as it was originally. But, at least it is still living! It likes a lot of water, so maybe the rain is good for it. It's kind of hard to tell if it gets enough since it's under the overhang. 

Everything else is doing pretty good.




We'll be heading to St. Louis on Tuesday. I've hired the girl next door to water for me so I can relax a little. She doesn't do it quite as we do, but it should be okay for a few days. 

Oh, and the roofers start on Monday. I'm not looking forward to that, but at least we'll be gone--hopefully--for most of it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.