Wednesday, October 2, 2024

What I Buy Wednesday


When we got home from our trip, the bulbs that Stephanie and I ordered from the Kukenhoff Garden in Amsterdam had been delivered.
Well, there is one problem. I have the paperwork, so I know who gets what of the nearly 500 bulbs. But, now we don't remember the colors and types of the bulbs. I tried looking them up and found a few. I guess it's just going to be a surprise when they bloom. 

Here are a few reminders of how gorgeous that place was.


Below are some of the bulbs we ordered.


 I guess it doesn't really matter, they will be pretty however they come up.

From this trip, we only bought a couple things.
I got my Starbucks mug for Ohio. It's a new series now and this is my first one. I'm happy that they have kept the same size and shape. 

Butch got this:
This pin is for his backpack. He gets one from every place he travels to.

Then, there's this:
I'm always taking a chance when I send Butch to the grocery store. He came home with these ginormous lemons. You can tell how large they are next to the regular-sized limes. I asked him why he bought so many. He said that was what I put on the list. I said I didn't put 4, so he pulled out the list:
I get that the "g" in grape extended into the number for the lemon. But if you look closely, you can tell it's "1"! Plus, the "lemon" should have been a dead give-away. If I wanted 4, I would have written "lemonS!" Case closed!

Now what to do with 3 extra lemons? I decided to make lemon bars for my scrapbook retreat at Kentucky Lake--which is where I'm headed as you are reading this. 

Anyway, I made the bars, but the lemon was so big, I got 1/2 cup of juice from just one lemon! The recipe called for 3 to make that much fresh lemon juice. Now, what to do with 2 more lemons? Maybe I'll have fresh lemonade next week. 

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.