Wednesday, July 3, 2024

What I Buy Wednesday

I didn't buy anything this week, so thought I would share what I did with the things I bought a couple weeks ago. Remember the lemon stuff?
Well, here's my first picture. I got the yellow kilanchoe plant at Kroger for $6.99---oh, I did buy that. And the lemons. I told Butch to get me 10 of them. At 89 cents apiece, that was costly for something that molded in two days! I made fresh lemonade out of the remaining 9. That gave me the chance to use the juicer gizmo I bought--probably 20 years ago and have only used once!! I guess it was kinda' expensive for lemonade, but I sure did like the look. The herbs on the other side came from Mitchell and Emily's garden. I just stuck them in a glass of water. They look great and are holding up nicely a week later. 
We had friends over last Friday night. I forgot to show the lemon trays in the top photo as well as the bowl of Lemonheads. I'm enjoying this whole lemon theme and will definitely use it again--the best 50 bucks--well add the 9 bucks for lemons, 7 bucks for the plant and I don't remember how much for the Lemonheads--so more like the best--almost 70 bucks for an awesome tablescape! I do love a beautiful table! Plus, that yellow is so bright and cheery! You know what I always say (okay, this is the very first time), "If you can't wear yellow, decorate with it!"

Thanks to Diane (between Mindy and Me), we got t his picture. She's so good about remembering to organize it.
The boys were in the other room. Beth Ann arrived late, so wasn't in the picture. I love all of these gals! 

You might remember my sewing machine woes. Well, getting it up and running was on my to do list for a very long time. I finally fixed it this week--which allowed me to use the other new things I bought awhile back.

My friends who are "sewers" (do not confuse that with the underground type), told me that I needed good quality thread--Guterman is supposed to be the best. And you know me--nothing but the best and I don't care how much it costs!
Nancy told me about buying the singer pre-wound bobbins. She is my "shortie" friend in the above picture. Thank you girlies, I don't know what I'd do without you! Now that I'm back in business. I can't wait to do some fancy stitching on my scrapbook pages. 

Stay tuned...(I know I'm being overly optimistic here. I'll screw it up again--you can be sure of that!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.