Monday, November 23, 2020

Monday Mystery

I had an unusual and mysterious thing happen this week. 

Out of the blue, I got an email from a "guy" I've never met or heard of before. He was commenting on a blog post I wrote in January, 2017---nearly 4 years ago. Occasionally, I'll get some sort of generic comment that I know is not from anyone I know--I think those are some sort of phishing things. I never respond, or click on anything. I usually just delete those comments. 

This one was different. He mentioned this cookbook in the comment from that post:
He used his name and said he had gone to school at St. Aloysius. I had a feeling that it was legit because he mentioned about the school being torn down recently.


Yeah, like two weeks ago. 
You can see what it looked like back in the day. That's Sister Richard Maureen---she was meeeeeeen! Mean! 

Anyway, I immediately posted on Facebook to my grade school friends group. Three of them responded that they new this guy---he was much younger than us. 

Okay, so now I know he's definitely legit. He would like for me to copy that cook book for him. What? I don't know about that. It's kind of a lot of work. I'll think about it. I might just send it to him. I don't know why he wants it. Maybe his mom is in it. I'll have to look through the book for a clue.

But the mystery is this: How in the heck did he find that post from 4 years ago? I have no idea how that's possible. I thought that maybe if he did an internet search for the St. Aloysius cookbook, so I did that. Thousands of things come up, but not a picture of the cookbook I have. 

This is just the strangest mystery! Any ideas?


1 comment:

  1. It's a small world. How nice to connect to another alumni.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.