Sunday, May 19, 2019

Sometimes When You Are Juggling...

...you are bound to drop a ball. Yes, I did! It was bound to happen. There's just been so much going on--traveling, helping Aunt Marie, graduations, AYM, blogging and my current obsession with my latest stitching. Some things are bound to fall through the cracks.  In the midst, was Morgan's birthday. When we arrived for her birthday dinner at a hibachi place, she told Stephanie and me that she was disappointed in us, since she had told us the type of cake she wanted---at Christmas time!!! I should have written it down. I should have put it on my calendar. I should have remembered! I didn't. But I made up for it--a mere 8 days later!

We had our first pool party of the season on Saturday.
I decided that I'd surprise her with the cake then. I went to the Publix bakery to ask if they could make a particular cake. They said they could. The young girl who waited on me, even knew what it all meant. Turns out--that which didn't mean anything to me--the young girl knew exactly what it was---song lyrics from a group called Blink, One, Two, Three.

Morgan noticed the cake right away when she arrived.
She was so excited. I felt like I redeemed myself! "Nobody likes you when you're 23!" I don't really get it. Everybody likes her!!! I certainly do! Actually, I LOVE her!!

So happy birthday to you, Morgan---our little nurse! I hope 23 is good to you!

The balls are back in the air!!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.