Thursday, May 23, 2019

Let's Take a Walk...

,,,through my garden. There's a lot happening right now.

The peonies are about done. I wish I'd gotten a picture when they were I full bloom. I don't bring them inside anymore due to all the ants.
 My front pots are filled with mandevilla this year.
 The lilacs smelled so good getting in and out of the car. I didn't bring these in either. Just been gone too much to bother.
 There is privet in the side yard---which I think might be a weed. But it smells so good too and the little flowers are cute.
 All of the Kousa dogwoods are in bloom.
 Virginia sweet spire---one of my favorites. The bushes are green year round with these long tendrils of flowers each year---about 8-10 inches long.
 I have new dawn roses along the wrought iron fence around the pool. I paired them with jackmanii clematis. The pink and purple is a pretty combination.

And of course, my new sago palms. They are all over New Orleans which is where I fell in love with them. Here, we have to bring them in during the winter.
 Unlike most dogwoods that bloom before the leaves, the Kousa blooms AFTER the leaves. And they have more of a square flower.
 The roses above the driveway are already in bloom.
 These are the tired ferns (macho ferns) that the sago palms have replaced. I don't know what we're going to do with them. They actually flourish during the summer. They just look this bedraggled after overwintering in the sunroom.
Another shot of one of the Kousa dogwoods.

That's about it for now. We have a lot to do to get ready for summer and summer is already here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.