Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Not My Trip!

So today for Travel Tuesday, I'm going to mention another trip---but not my trip.

When some of our book club members decided to go to England, Butch was all like, "Hmph! Well maybe I'll just go somewhere!" I said, "Go ahead!"

So, he did. He got with Bruce and put together a trip through Roads Scholar to Portugal.

When we both got back, I figured out how to get our photos on our Apple tv. Then, we had our own happy hour and spent 3 hours---yes, 3 HOURS---going through our pictures. It was actually pretty fun---for us. No one not on the trips would have enjoyed it. Sometimes he got a little too detailed with his photos. Luckily for him, I didn't remember too many details about my trip! I was jealous that he journaled. I didn't. I just didn't have the time. He doesn't sleep well when traveling, so that gives him more time.

There was a whole lot of this!
When it was my turn, I never felt the need to get up to explain something!

Still, after our marathon picture viewing, the next morning, he remembered a few more things. When I asked why he didn't mention them the night before, he said I rushed him! Maybe I did, but he got to go first AND had more pictures than I did!

As we reviewed our trips, this is what I heard: blah blah blah blah WINE. blah, blah, blah, WINE. blah, blah, blah, WINE. Here's the proof! He said he had never seen such beautiful wine country.





 So do you think 9 bottles of wine could be a little much!!

Just kidding, they had a great trip and it wasn't all about wine. The first day they arrived, they had dinner at the apartment of this couple:
When Butch checked Trip Advisor about the best place to eat in Lisbon, this came up. He was hesitant, but then read the reviews where people raved about the food and fun. They only have two tables of 4. On the night they went, there was only one other couple from Australia.
This was the first course for just the two of them! He said they had a great time and the food was delicious. I'm sure there was plenty of wine involved.
 One of the many churches they visited---where wine played a centrical part!




 This is just one example of the streets throughout Portugal.
Many, many churches---still a primarily Catholic city.


Butch said that it wasn't until the second day that their group realized that he and Bruce weren't a "couple!" Some of the group questioned as to whether the boys always take separate vacations from their wives. A few concluding that maybe it's not such a bad idea!
 Oh look, a departure from wine!  That tile--I would love that around the pool or on the patio!!!

All kidding aside, they had a great trip and I'm so glad. Actually, his pictures and stories were so interesting, that now I want to go to Portugal! Maybe another girls trip another time. I'm so happy that we can enjoy traveling in whatever way that works for us!!

Too many trips---too little time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.