Monday, June 18, 2018

Monday Mystery

We have got to talk...about bras! They are a mystery to me!

I don't think I've ever had a comfortable bra. When I get home, I can't wait to unleash the girls. It's such a feeling of "ahhhhh...." I'm sure you know what I mean---although I have a friend who wears her bra ALL the time until that moment when she's getting in bed. "What??? Maybe it's more about not wanting to tempt the "hubs."

For me, it's all about comfort! In fact, the only good thing about the 70's was going "braless." I remember the test to tell whether you could go braless or not. If you stuck a pencil under your boobs and it stuck, that meant you needed to wear a bra. Not me!!!

I was tired of all my bras---uncomfortable, wires digging in and the straps constantly sliding down. I got to where I'd cut those wires out as soon as I got home with a new one. Bras aren't cheap---over $50! Vandalizing them when they were new just seemed wrong! I started getting my bras at Target because you could get them there for about $30. But still, my problems persisted. Plus, in all honesty, I had no idea what size I really am.

I have one bra that's half way comfortable. I bought it online and measured according to their measurement guide, but still, it seemed a little off. There's a place here in Nashville where they fit you for bras. On the advice of my constant bra wearing friend, I was going to go there. I knew it would be expensive, but was ready to "bite the bullet."

Okay, hang in here with me while I digress a bit. I started having 'puter problems and made an appointment at the Apple store. I've said it before. That place is amazing! Always so busy---you really feel like you are part of something big!
This was my view from the "Genius Bar." All those green shirts are Apple employees. I counted 41---or so I thought. I asked the guy working with me---"how many employees are here at one time?" He responded that there were just as many in the back as there were in the front. They have between 80 and 100 employees working at all times! Unbelievable! No wonder Macs are expensive!

Anyway, back to my bra story. As I was waiting to be "texted" for my appointment, I happened to notice a store across from the Apple Store called "Soma Intimates." It hit me that my only, fairly comfortable bra, came from this company. I went in. The lady helped fit me. I just about had it right. I had the cup size wrong! I was so happy! Finally---I've found the perfect fit for the girls! I decided to get two. Imagine my surprise when I went to pay and the bill was $64.00! If you buy one, they are $42.00. But if you get two, they are 2 for $59.99! See there? Sometimes having a multiples problem pays off!

I left there happy as a lark. As I was in the Apple store, I started to think that this was a little embarrassing:
Then I thought, "nah. It would be more embarrassing for an older, chubby gal carrying a Victoria Secret bag!" No way am I going to pay $60-$70 for bras! Even if they are cute!

I'm really excited to get rid of this:
A tub full of uncomfortable bras! They are outta' here!

This is me all happy with my new bras! There's no mystery there!


2 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I went to have a proper fitting - I had guessed my size totally wrong! 4" too big on the ribcage measurement and 2 cup sizes too small. But once she had 'the girls' scooped up and sitting pretty in a lovely new bra I realised just how comfortable proper underwear could be. Pleased to hear that you not only got some pretty new undies, but they cost less than you were expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Barb! I recently tried this company called Third Love- check them out online. The only bras I will wear now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.