Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday Mystery

I actually had this mystery last week along with the seedling. I decided to just wait and post it separately this week.

As I was getting ready for my monthly AYM class, I was working on the title page. I decided I wanted to do it on a transparency. I printed it and it came out like this:
I always test on regular paper first---that's the one on the left. I decided it was all good to go. I printed out the transparency---that's on the right. I put it over the top of a sheet of paper so you can see it. IT CAME OUT BLUE! I could not figure out how that could possibly happen. I've done transparencies dozens of times. I ran it through over and over again thinking that I hadn't used this computer in awhile, so maybe it had to get "warmed up." As if that's even a "thing!" Any way, I got more and more frustrated. I changed the black ink cartridge thinking that maybe it was out and I just didn't get a warning. No, that wasn't it. Now I've opened a new cartridge unnecessarily! I hope it doesn't dry out!
Finally, I decided it had to be the transparency itself. I don't know, maybe age has something to do with it (no, not mine---the transparency). I think they might be a few years old. Anyway, I decided that I'm just having to go with this. One thing I did learn, that when I ran it through---at least 6 times, it came out perfectly aligned every time!

Why is it that when you want to do the simplest thing that should take 5 minutes at the most---it ends up taking an hour or more? Don't even get me started on my Cricut or sewing machine!

I guess next time, I'll use my other printer. Wait! Why didn't I think of that for this time? And the printers are nearly side by side. I'm pretty sure, had I done that, I could have solved this mystery--is it the printer or the transparency? It will be awhile before we know for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.