Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A Few Things

This week, I'm here:
At the beach with a few friends. The weather is perfect---even a bit too hot on the beach for me. I'm surprised at how many people are here. We've been told that Atlanta schools are out this week for fall break. I guess that's it. Still, we have the pool to ourselves much of the time---just the way I like it.
 We are on a mission to get our house back up to my standards.
 That means making everything look like new again. We've been here 22 years now. About 15 years ago, I had ALL of the electrical outlets replaced. They were that "builder's beige" and I wanted them white.
Well, Butch is obsessive as me. He decided that ALL the hinges in the house needed to be replaced. He bought out both Lowes! He said that just about the time he thought he was finished, he saw two more doors! It's the little things!
Last week, Stephanie and Mindy invited us to the hockey game. We met at Steph's to "pre-game" (that means drink in youngspeak).
When we got in the car, I noticed that we were dressed almost alike. Butch isn't keen on that---couldn't even wear the same color when we were young! Of course, the girls noticed!
 It was a pre-season game, but we had a really good time with them and their friends.
With my new car, we have the premium Sirius radio for a year. I finally get this radio station. I've enjoyed it at Sandy's house for years. Red, White and Booze---a great mix of everything---not just country. If you have it, give it a try.
 I was so excited to get these Halloween pillows back from the finisher.
I surprised Jordan and Morgan with them. I told them that they better make sure their dogs don't get ahold of them!!

Speaking of dogs, there were two of them on the flight down here. One of them barked a lot. A LOT! Finally, I yelled over to my friend, Pam, "Give that dog a piece of gum to clear its ears!" Apparently, a few other travelers heard that and got a chuckle.
 Last Friday night we went to a sushi restaurant. That was my very first time in Nashville. It was really good. REALLY!
 Butch and I decided that we were just going to be adventuresome and let them do the ordering. Jordan and Andrew love sushi and go quite often.
Mindy and Justin went to Cincinnati for the weekend to see a Red Sox game. Mindy is our little detective of the family. She found the hotel that the Sox were staying at and made reservations there. They got their Friday night. The plan was that they'd hang out in the bar to scope out any players coming and going. And, indeed they did! They saw players leaving for the game on Saturday and Sunday! Alas, that's where here detective work ends. She never asks for autographs!


 Morgan went with Butch to the Titans game on Sunday. They had a good time together despite the awful fact that the Titans didn't stand for the National Anthem. They stayed in the locker room---cowards. They came out to a stadium full of "boos"! Serves them right. Anyway, Morgan loves football (and hockey) so she was the perfect companion. My family certainly loves their sports apparel!
 The weekend before last, Morgan and Carter met Mitchell at a music festival in Atlanta.


I just love it that the cousins are "close!" I hope it stays that way!
Several of my friends welcomed Diane, our British book club member, back to Nashville with a nice lunch at Mere Bulles. Diane's on the left. She brought me a bottle of Devonshire cream to have with the currant scones she made for me! She also gave me jars of currant jam and raspberry jam that she made. Everything was delicious!
 This little girlie---the one on the right---turned 12 on the 10th. She's getting so grown up!
 Last Thursday night as Butch and I were having happy hour on the front porch, I had to snap this photo. The sky was so beautiful. It looks like the sunset, but the sun is actually farther to the right out of the shot. I guess this was some sort of reflection bouncing off the clouds. It was really pretty.
  This is my favorite salad in all of Nashville. It's the shrimp Louie from Redlands Grill. Besides the presentation, the shrimp is flavorful and plentiful!

Whew! That was a lot! Internet is slow here. Maybe another post tomorrow or Friday. No promises!



















2 comments:

  1. You sure are one busy lady :)
    I love love love your halloween pillows...what did the "finisher" do to your pillows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lot of FUN events & photos! Sounds like everyone is staying busy. Hope you're enjoying your time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.