Monday, August 13, 2012

Family Crafts

 Last Saturday, Stephanie, Mindy and Morgan came over to decorate cooler cups for their friends.
They made 15 of them. There was only one boo boo, but we were able to get the paint off really quick.  
They planned to go out to the pool after, so Steph had me cut her out of this picture. I did look a little odd---sitting in her swim suit. Notice how I have my foam stamps organized? I attached a little piece of velcro to a piece of cardboard. They are much easier to store this way instead of the jumbled mess they were. Plus you can find the letter you need right away without having to look at each one.
I'm such and impulse buyer. I went to Walgreens for Benadryl and came home with this. It's never too soon to start thinking about Christmas!

Speaking of Benadryl---my hives are raging. Nothing seems to be helping. They are the size of grapefruits. I'm trying to just suffer through. I'm determined to stay off the prednisone. It's been a week now. I'm trying to just "offer them up." Remember that? Offering up sacrifices to God. Here's what really keeps me going. As I'm feeling miserable, I think about Louis Zamperini from the book Unbroken. What that man endured is beyond my imagination.

If there's a bright side to my hives, it's that I am not running a fever and have the flu-like symptoms that normally accompany them. I thank God for that. At least I'm able to carry on. I did discover that as long as I'm in the pool, I don't itch at all. Too bad I can't figure out how to get work done while I'm floating.

I debated with myself as to whether I would mention this here---it's so sad. But I decided to as a cautionary tale. Stephanie's best friend, Merrill---her sister (are you following?) accidentally left her 5 month old in her car. Later in the day, when she returned to daycare to pick him up, they told her she hadn't dropped him off. She ran to her car and discovered the awful truth. The funeral was Saturday. It was the saddest thing I've ever experienced. The mother just wailed. There are absolutely no words for that kind of situation.

I'm a little on pins and needles. Another friend of mine died suddenly the week before last. Her service was last Saturday. People always say these sort of things happen in threes. I hope it's not true this time.

On a happier note---Jordan and Morgan are gearing up to go back to school. I'll be taking Jordan for her registration on Wednesday. Butch is going with Morgan on Thursday. All they need us for is check writing. I'm half tempted to just send them with the checkbook.

Excuse me as I have a date with my new best friend---my hive scratcher!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had some genius idea to help with the hives - sending you no-steroid support from across the pond..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be caused because you were taking steroids before. The steroids can make the very thing they are meant to ease into a self perpetuating cycle. I was using steroids for excema until I read this
    http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/240255-1340763461-eczema-nonprofit-seeks-to-shine-new-light-on-overlooked-condition.html
    Now I am doing the "cold Turkey" route to get it out of my body.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.