Thursday, February 16, 2012

Vacation in Vail

We're in Vail, Colorado with the Broussards and the Blacks---having fun---of course. We do not have internet access (bummer), so Pam and I are sitting at Starbucks for a couple of hours while the rest of the gang is on the slopes. I don't have much to report at the moment, so some "odds n' ends" will have to hold you.
 This is where you can find me just about every morning from 4:30 a.m. to 5:45 when I'm heading to Curves. I'm usually updating my blog, checking other blogs, playing my "Words with Friends" (if anyone wants to start a game with me---no playing the computer), updating classes, or reading---all while listening to Pandora.
Our day group met last week at Nancy's. She was doing the project and decided that in order for all of us to be able to see the example, she used her "Head Banz" game piece to hold it. If you don't have this game, you need to get it. It's fun for all ages. Just be sure to get the children's edition--it's hard enough. The adult one is way too hard.

 Here are the darling petit fours that were to be for Angie's shower that I left in Nashville. They were sure cute. Sorry, Angie!
 I picked up these flour sack towels at Krogers. I love the vintage look of them.
Speaking of vintage linens, I'm in love with them right now. I got this tablecloth awhile back. It's just perfect in the kitchen.
And this is why I don't let Mindy cook. She doesn't even know she was the cause of this. Last week, she offered to make scrambled eggs for breakfast. After she and Steph left for work, I was cleaning up. I put a package of buns to put away on the stove while I wiped the counter. Little did I know that she left the burner on. Bummer! What a friggin' mess. It took quite a bit of elbow grease to clean it up---all that plastic stuck on there.

Reminds me of our first meal in the house. Connie was going to toss the salad for me. She put my salad bowl on a hot burner. I had a stringy, pink plastic mess all over. She and I looked at each other---before she burst out laughing. Thus began her effort to "wreck" stuff at my house---unraveling a pillow, dripping Green Bean Bundles on my needlepoint rug, various other spills too numerous to mention. Now I have someone keep an eye on her whenever she's here.

 This is how the cooktop is supposed to look---and does---after nearly 17 years. It takes some work, but it still looks new.
My most recent vintage finds from antiquing in St. Louis and Clarksville, MO. I originally passed this picture up. It haunted me, so as I was checking out, I had Jeanne go back and grab it for me. I hung it in the entry---looks good.
 All kinds of goodies here---much of it will wind up in my AYM kits---old pattern, thread, receipts, and labels. My AYM/3 group will benefit from the cabinet cards. The 1952 book in the back is an almanac of sorts. I had to have that since it is from the year I was born.
 More goodies---I couldn't resist the cherry tablecloth and napkins. Other things for kits are the old music books, maps, and pattern. The teapot tea cozy is made from an old quilt. Of course,  few more clocks for my collection. The box camera is for Morgan's birthday.
 I couldn't resist these mini trays. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with them, but I have a teeny bit of an idea "percolating" in this manic brain of mine. If you notice the "two-toned-ness" of them---that's my fault. They were in pristine condition until I soaked them in hot water. Half of the sealer peeled off. Oh well, that just makes them look shabby. Stay tuned to see what they become....
Here is Elizabeth getting her hamster "Jolly" out.
 I wish we'd have at least one snow like this every year instead of every 3-5 years.

That's if for now. Better than nothing---I hope.
I don't' have time to edit, so forgive any grammar or spelling errors!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.