Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"One Little Word 2011"

I'm taking an online scrapbook workshop this year called "One Little Word 2011." Check it out here: http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/onelittleword.php

I've taken classes from Ali before and even had the opportunity to take one "live" in Pennsylvania a few years ago. I always get something out of her classes. In fact, I have to say that she's the one that made me really change my way of thinking about my scrapbooking. Because of her, I'm totally into "storytelling" with the pictures being the supporting material instead of the other way around. It's about feeling and appreciating and thinking about what's most important to me. It's about being aware of the everyday. Everyday moments are what make up our lives. Sure, the big things are important too, but it's the little stuff that seems most interesting to me. As a matter of fact, my blog is just an extension of my scrapbooking. Each year, I have my blog made into a hardback book (well, this is my 2nd one). I love that. For my blogger family and friends, check it out here:
http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html

The cost is based on the number of pages and pictures. It's pretty cheap.

Back to my "one little word" for 2011. The word I've picked is APPRECIATE. Actually, it's "one BIG word." I'm going to try to really focus on that this year. I want to appreciate everyone in my life. I want to appreciate all the little things that make up my life. I want to appreciate it ALL. I'd say that's pretty much what my New Year's resolution is all about. Just appreciating it all. By the end of the year, I will have completed an album based on what I took the time to appreciate in 2011.

Even if you don't want to sign up for the workshop, why don't you pick a word and join me? We can share what our words mean to us as the year goes along. How about it? "Anyone, anyone" (Ferris Bueller's Day Off).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.