Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Year of Memories---November

First off, I have to say that I forgot my camera. I had a friend take these and email them to me, so I don't know if the pictures turned out bad, or they're just bad through emailing them. Shoot---I have a new camera too.

Anyway, the assignment this month was to scrapbook something you are grateful for---but to think deeper than "family, friends, or health." I challenged them to do their journaling in a letter format.

1. "Thankful for the Warner Parks"---Susan wrote her letter to Percy and Edwin---the men who donated the land for the parks. She talked about how much she has enjoyed having them right across the street.

2. "I am Grateful for This"---Karolyn is grateful for the bbq's and special recipes that are in her family. She has several pictures throughout the years of the grill and the recipe for green chicken is in the pocket. Her letter is to her mom and dad.





























3. "Thanks" is by Pam---she figured out an unusual way to make it about friends. She wrote a letter to her realtor thanking her for their house in Devon Park which introduced her to all the friends she has today.

4. "giving Thanks for ChapStick"---is Stephanie's layout. She did a little research and wrote her letter of thanks to the inventor of ChapStick. She went on to journal about her obsession with this handy little, chapped lip preventing ointment. She has tubes of it EVERYWHERE!!!

5. "Dear Pedro"---is Jeanne's layout about her co-worker who has become her friend. We got several chuckles out of her "politically incorrect" journaling. By the way, her picture is good---and she emailed it to me.

6. "I'm Grateful NOT to be Raising Kids in 2010"---my layout about the challenges parents face today with the internet, tv programming, lewd music and bullies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.