Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Reason I Believe...




...that some things weren't meant to be. Remember that I was lamenting the fact that I missed out on a vintage scale for my kitchen a few weeks ago on our flea market trip? I had gone back twice and the seller still wasn't there. I told myself that I just wasn't meant to have it. Still, I dreamt about that scale. Then---in St. Louis for Jackie's wedding, all of us girls hit an antique mall. And look what my sister, Janice found. I was so excited because this scale is even cooler than the other one. This one is BLUE and goes perfectly in my kitchen. I just love it! Janice and I also shared the purchase of some red and green "mills". I remember them turning up on every scavenger hunt list I ever had growing up. Cool!

One last photo---I found these tiny little plastic salt an pepper shakers. These are the exact ones that my grandma Zimmermann had. Each person at the table got their own set. After she died, I requested just one pair as a momento. I never got them. These may not be hers, but they will remind me of her everytime I look at them.

CRAP, I knew that picture would not show up right! It's crazy to me that you have to plan your photos backwards when blogging. Maybe I'll get it right sometime....

One last thing, when we were getting the farmer's baskets, several people asked me if I could tell the difference between farm fresh eggs and grocery store eggs. I said, "no". Well, I have to eat those words now after having farm fresh all summer. The first thing I noticed with the store bought eggs is that the color was a lighter yellow. Then after I scrambled them, they seemed tasteless. So now I amend my answer with a resounding "YES"! I can tell the difference. Can't wait until next summer.

I'm still waiting for some good photos of the wedding to share. I was stuck behind the photographer at the church and could hardly ask her to move. Then, my battery went dead. Disaster for a scrapbooker. Oh woe is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.