Sunday, April 19, 2009

Making the Most of My Memories Workshop

Nothing very exciting has been going on around here. I've spent a lot of time preparing for my "Making the Most of My Memories Workshop". So far, it's going pretty well. I have 6 friends taking it. Jeanne and Janet are trying to take it via email. It's kind of hard to explain it all, so I plan to work with them when I'm in town in a couple of weeks. 

I'll be teaching for a larger group at the scrapbook store in Greenbrier, TN this summer and later in Glasgow, KY. I'm glad I'm doing it with my friends first so I can work out all the kinks and see the areas they are having trouble with.

Here are a few photos of the process. 
I can never seem to get these photos right---I load them in order and they come up in reverse. Anyway, this is the last step of the organization process---the layout binders.

This is the "Page Planner" that I designed to help me organize layouts that I want to do. I know at a glance if the photos need to be printed, or if the journaling needs to be done. I use my blog entries for my journaling a lot of the time.
These are the storage binders. With my pictures sorted into these, I can access particular photos in seconds. They make it easy to see "connections". One of my favorites was a layout I did for Jackie's college graduation. When I went to my "people" binder to find pictures of her, I discovered a wallet size photo of her kindergarten graduation. What a darling addition to her college page that was. That's exactly what I love about this system.
This is all that's left of my chronological storage! What a satisfying feeling! Most of these photos are related to particular trips that we've taken over the years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.