Friday, April 24, 2009

Family Observations


6 of the “original 7”  were in New Orleans together this week. Even though Matt was missing, Jim took his place without missing a beat---he even got on his own wife’s nerves!

Janice likes bowling shirts---and thank goodness she does! I was able to spot her a block away on Bourbon Street.

LOUD for our family is an understatement.

The “f” word is a part of every sentence and goes up exponentially with the alcohol consumption---ditto for the decibel level.

Jeanne looks good in turquoise even if the rest of the family said she looked like a matador.

Alcohol consumption was at an all time high.

Only 1 of 7 of us suffers hangovers---gee, I wonder who that would be---but I’ve learned my lesson and really “throttled back”! I had 3 glasses of wine, 1/3 of a hand grenade and a hurricane in a 5 hour period---I was happy, but didn’t get sick---compared to the last time I had a hand grenade and a hurricane in the same hour. Got sick, ruined my dinner, lost a bracelet AND was hung over. Never again.

All 5 of us girls have crappy hair. The boys are okay---maybe we should wear ours that short---oh wait, Janice does.

Some of them can’t dance OR ride Segways! Notice I said “them”---had I said “us”, that might have included me!

This was drilled into me from a young age: “Barbara, you are the oldest. You have to set a good example for your younger brothers and sisters.” What a burden to put on a little kid. Well ya’ know what, mom and dad, it didn’t work---and I’m still trying to set that example!

Two of my sisters had to do a lot of babysitting this week.

A couple siblings have a permanent scowl on their faces and one even growls.

I’m sad whenever I have to leave Mindy. I just want her to come home---not exactly home, but Nashville.

Some of us think food is the necessity and others think alcohol is.

We’re all know-it-alls.

Everyone wants to be the boss, but that’s my job---assigned by the folks.

And my favorite observation of all: There weren’t any fights! Maybe some of us have grown up after all!

2 comments:

  1. I love your observations!! As I was reading them I could totally picture them in my mind. It sounded like so much fun, and I hate that we had to miss out. I'm really looking forward to Jackie's wedding and getting to see everyone again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you didn't figure out why there weren't any fights? Because #7 wasn't there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.