Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Decimation and Destruction

My sister, Jeanne, posted on her blog about the problems she's having with moles and voles. Well, I will not be outdone! I have serious squirrel problems. I've actually seen the little f*****s carry off my tulips---not to mention the tile they've chipped off the pool. Top this Jeanne:

This is what it looks like from a distance. Here are a couple of close-ups:


Here's the other side that has been completely decimated:

On a positive note, the squirrels haven't discovered my woodland shade garden.




2 comments:

  1. The squirrels dug up my tulip bulbs & I don't know why because they just left them. A guy at my work got a spray off the internet to keep geese out of his yard & it works. Maybe you can find a spray repellent for squirrels. Or you need to keep the bebe gun handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is a spray, but it washes off with each rain---or in my case---every time the sprinkler runs. The BB gun is broken. I'm thinking of trying moth balls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.