Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reality TV

I think it's funny that just the mere watching of reality TV somehow makes us experts. Butch and I sit here and watch American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance---you name it---and suddenly we know it ALL! We become Simon Cowell, Piers or any of those other British, negative judges. If you heard us, you would think that we, ourselves could sing, dance or have some other sort of talent. I guess our best talent is "judging" the talent of others. As if what we think matters a whit. Oh well, it entertains us! And we never even actually vote.

That reminds me of my big opportunity to be a rock star as a teen. Some of the guys in the neighborhood decided they needed a girl singer in their band and asked me. But, my mom said, "no". I guess she heard me sing around the house too much and knew I didn't have a career there. Mom---crusher of dreams!

1 comment:

  1. Kind of like when I wanted to be a ballerina and you told me I was too uncoordinated for that? Mom - crusher of dreams!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.