Monday, August 13, 2007

New Orleans is hotter than hell!

If you think hot is hot, then you've never been to New Orleans in August! Mindy and I left her apartment this morning at 7:15 a.m. and it was already 84 degrees and muggier than I've ever experienced. By the time we were on our way home at 9:45, it was already 95. It's so hot, that the coolest her apartment gets is 83. I haven't stopped sweating since arriving on Sunday afternoon! Reminds me of when Butch and I brought Mindy down here in 2003 to start at Tulane. By the end of the first day helping her move in on the 3rd floor of her dorm, I had sweated so much that my feet were permanently blue from my dyed, royal bule slides. Of course, my other shoes didn't cover my blue feet. I looked like a Smurff for a week!

I've spent the day trying to resolve some drain issues in Mindy's apartment to no avail. I've plunged, drano-ed and luquid plumber-ed all day. I get to take it up with the landlord tomorrow---who doesn't want to spend a dime on the place. I can't say I'm looking forward to it---and I believe in letting "kids" handle their own problems. But in this case, the landlord is not taking Mindy seriously enough. It's a little too late to threaten to leave as Mindy starts orientation on Wednesday. We'll see....

All we have left to do is to clean out Mindy's bedroom and re-organize everything. That way, she'll start the school year with everything in order. Knowing Mindy like I do, that will last about 2 1/2 hours!! At least I tried!!

I'm really looking forward to getting back to 102 degrees in Nashville and my own 76 degree house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.