Saturday, July 14, 2007

Falling Down

I've always been a faller downer. Or actually, I should say a faller upper. My falls almost always occur while walking UP stairs (unless, of course, I was faking being sick in high school. Then I would set my alarm for 5 a.m. and then pretend to fall down the stairs because I was so "dizzy" and sick. Worked everytime!). Well, on Tuesday, I had a handyman here to give me an estimate for a bunch of odd jobs. As I was taking him upstairs, I fell. He was behind me, but luckily I wasn't wearing a skirt, nor did I fall on him. He said, "oh, mam, are you all right"? I quickly reassured him that this happens all the time. And then---I fell again! At that point, I just told him that I fall everyday! I felt ridiculous saying that, but that's the best I could come up with.

So now, fast forward to Friday. The handyman is here doing the work. I leave to deliver some gift bags. When I arrived at the lady's house to whom I was delivering, it was starting to rain. As I took the first box to the door, I rang the bell and hurried back to my car for the next box. In my haste to beat the rain, I fell on the front porch--totally down and sprawled out. I was quickily trying to get up before being discovered. I was about half way up when the lady opened the door and said,"oh my, did you fall"? I considered lying, but decided she had seen too much. So, I just told her I do it all the time. I mean, really, what can you say under those circumstances?

When I got home, I told "Glen" about it. I just wanted to prove to him that I really do fall all the time. He must have thought he was working for a nut case.

I really must slow down. Don't want to break a hip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.