Monday, March 19, 2012

"Trip" Report

I can't believe I've forgotten to give you my "trip" report!!

Falls---0
Trips---3
Slips---2

I haven't fallen completely down, so that's good!!


This is definitely a whirlwind trip. We’re seeing it all. Yesterday started the tour of Jesus’ teachings and miracles.

I don't remember exactly where this was. The problem is that I've taken so many pictures (and have already ordered 87 from Walgreen's) that I can't remember all of these churches. I'll have to go through the itinerary to refresh my memory.
This is a view of Jerusalem from the Garden of Gethsemane. It's a walled city and I loved it.
Today we had a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. Linda and I didn't' really want to go as we're not all into boat rides. It was only an hour and it seemed to go by pretty fast. Butch made us smile for this picture. When we got back on the bus, we found out that the reason it went by so fast is that it was only actually 40 minutes long---okay by me. Since it was so cold, they shortened it.

Now, I have to say that Linda is absolutely telling the truth about how hot she is all the time. She has worn nothing but flip flops every day and never even a jacket. You see her here in just a blouse. I'm in my coat (I put the hood down for the photo), have a scarf on and here's the "kicker"---I have another jacket underneath! It was cold and windy.
This was yesterday, but this is the jacket I have on under my coat above. I brought 3 pashminas with me, but on the 2nd day out, I was so cold (and forgot to throw a pashmina in the back pack) that I had to buy another one. The guy wanted $25.00 for it. Butch got him down to $6.00.
We had lunch here. It says it's an "Oriental" restaurant, but it wasn't. It was middle Eastern like every place we've been to. They have a set menu.
Here is the salad part of the meal---served family style. The only thing I liked was the hummus---and I have to say, I'm getting pretty tired of it. I've been living on it.
This was really good---St. Peter's fish and "chips." This is the actual name of the fish---supposedly named for St. Peter because this is what he caught when Jesus told him to cast his net.
 This was our dessert---dates. They look pretty disgusting, but tasted pretty good.
 Just Butch.
 I really liked Capernaum---where Jesus lived during his ministry.
The ruins of the town where Jesus lived---Capernaum. 

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.