Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Few More Things...

 What's wrong with this picture?
Maybe this will help. There's actually 2 things wrong here. First of all that orange bucket doesn't belong there. I don't understand why I'm the only one that notices---and that it bothers. I just want things to look nice. Instead, there's too much that looks "hoosier"---and I'm not referring to a person from Indiana---but a St. Louis term for white trash. Same goes for that crappy basket ball goal. I don't think anyone has ever played basketball here. The question? How do you get rid of something like this? I want it gone.
 Excellent book and a very fast read. I think you can read it in 3 hours start to finish. It's about a little boy that goes to Heaven while undergoing surgery for his burst appendix when he was just 3 years old. A reaffirming book for anyone that believes in Heaven. One of my friends doesn't quite believe it. I do---every bit. I just think it's exactly how a 3 year old would relate the incident---and so much he couldn't possible know.
I guess I'm on a rant about things that annoy me. This is another. I seem to be the only one who closes doors around here. The pantry door is always hanging open. Drives me nuts.
This has been an ongoing argument between Butch and I. He insists that he takes out the recycle stuff every day. He doesn't. But he'll argue to the "death" that he does. I decided to take pictures each day to prove my point. Then it hit me. Yes, he actually does take out the recycle stuff every day---just not ALL of it. He leaves something behind every day. Drives me totally nuts. 
There's so much here that you might wonder what he actually took out. He took out the cans and bottles from the counter. Now you might ask why I don't just take it out myself. Seriously? Surely you know the answer to that. If you do it just one time---it becomes your job. Believe me, it's happened too many times. I hate looking at this all day.

Found these cool things for my flocked tree at Cracker Barrel---40% off.

More things to come...

2 comments:

  1. I have found that muttering under my breath when doing the chore for them can help. You have to pick your time carefully though and then make as much fuss as possible while picking everything up and you mutter all the time. "I don't know why I am the ONLY one that picks things up!" "Oh for goodness sake, not more recycling left on the floor for me to pick up!" that sort of thing and then when Mr M does pick it up and move it I am fulsome in my thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that's definitely something I haven't tried. That sounds like it might work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.