Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Persistence Finally Pays Off!!

It only took me 13 years, but I finally did it! I burned up the treadmill!! I'd never really heard of a treadmill wearing out. Sure, we had to replace the belt or something about 5 years ago, but that's been it. Today, nearing the end of my workout, it just quit---no lights, nothing. I thought maybe it was just overworked and needed to cool down. No such luck. It's still "deader 'n doornail" (what the heck does that mean anyway?).

There are a couple of ways I could look at it. 1. Be done with it forever. Or, 2. Buy a new one and challenge myself to see if I can wear it out sooner than 13 years. Either which way, we certainly got our money's worth out of it. Not too many people can say that about exercise equipment.

I'm sure I can pick up one cheap from my friends. I know several people that are using treadmills as clothes racks.

Oh, and by the way, I looked inside the machine part and found that there was a separate mile counter. According to that, I've circled the world twice!!! Okay, I exaggerate---just once. Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.