Sunday, February 21, 2010

Caught----Finally!

We've been on the hunt for this little bugger for over 3 weeks now. Even after cleaning out all the cabinets and drawers, I waited a couple days for any further evidence before putting everything away. I just figured he'd left. Then, on Friday, right before having friends for dinner and Texas Hold'em, I discovered evidence in the drawers again. I was so upset---pulled everything out again.

Still, nothing in any of the traps overnight. By Saturday, I was really getting worked up as Butch leaves for Chicago tomorrow. I didn't want to have to worry about this while he was gone. I insisted he get the "death" traps this time.

Saturday, we went to Glasgow, KY for my organization class (which went well---20 people---some drove from Louisville). We stopped on the way home and picked up our new microwave. By the time we got to the house is was 5 p.m. Since we didn't have the new traps, I suggested that we pull out the trash compactor and put one of the sticky traps behind there since the only time he was spotted, he appeared to come from under there.

Sure enough, about 11 p.m.----long after Butch had gone to bed, I heard something. I put the tv on mute and realized we had caught that little sucker. I tiptoed in the kitchen, but then was too afraid to look. It was making such a commotion, that I thought it was either chewing off it's leg, or chewing itself free from the sticky trap. I didn't know what to do. I didn't think Butch would like me to wake him, but all I could think of was that the mouse would get away---potentially dragging the trap with him. Worse case, I might have to deal with it on my own. Soooo, I decided to wake Butch. He wasn't too thrilled, but he got up and took it outside through the garage, barefooted. I didn't even ask him what he did with it. Nor did I mention that it sort of grossed me out that he had walked barefooted outside and then got back in bed. Instead, I just slept on the couch. The bed is "germy" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.