Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What I've Been Up To Lately...

I did an "Everybody Needs and Aunt Mindy" page for each of the grandkids---all different.
This page "PROOF that my sister likes me" began with the note on the left that Jordan wrote when she was about 5 that says, "note to self: don't look at Morgan". She put it on the refrigerator. I had to use pictures of her hugging Morgan---or is that choking?
On the last night of our family vacation, I had everyone write down their favorite thing about our vacation. I then turned it into a game and had them guess who said what. Little did they know that they had actually provided me with the journaling for this page.
I always keep a trip journal when we travel, so this page came together easily.
One of the pages I planned for my sisters at a reatreat. This one is about the Mencio family and contains a pocket to hold their annual Christmas letters.
You can't read the title all that well from this photo:"Gifts gone wild".
I'm working backwards at the same time I'm working forwards to get everything scrapbooked. These photos are from the 1980's.
I love doing first day of school pictures. Green and brown was a fun combo to work with---one I don't use often enough.
Sisters---another layout I planned for my sisters. When I discovered the quote, I knew I had to use it: "A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost".

5 comments:

  1. I love all the layouts, Mom. You sure have been busy! I haven't scrapbooked any pages since you left, but I have cleaned out all my supplies, gone through all my idea books, put several layouts into their proper albums, and preplanned two more pages. Now I think I'm ready to begin! On a side note, I haven't come across Victoria's Aunt Mindy page. It's not laying around your house is it? I can't imagine where it would be since it wasn't with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great layouts. How did you do the letters for "Gifts gone wild"? I have a long way to go to catch up to your caliber as master scrapbooker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, I haven't given Victoria her layout yet. She'll get it for her birthday. The layout shown is actually Morgan's. Victoria's layout is very different.

    Jeanne, I'd say you are doing just fine for a "newbie"! Feel free to copy any of these layouts. The letters for GIFTS are actually double-sided alphabet tape that I dipped into a Christmas bead collection. Those alphabets are from Stampin' Up. "gone" is stamped on to little tags and attached with brads. "Wild" is done with glitter chipboard stickers found at Archivers---might even be in their clearance area. You really need to check out Archivers at the Chesterfield Mall---scrapbook heaven---that place is! Another thought about the "gifts"---I can cut that size for you on my Cricut, then you could either use it plain, or coat them with glue and use beads or glitter. Let me know if you want me to cut a title for you at any time. Anything to keep the obsession alive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cursive paper you used on the first day of school page. I had it, too (Jenny bowlin kit?) and used it on the OBS album. Mrs. Broussard commented on it at lunch and I told her how much I liked it and almost didn't use it in that darned old OBS scrapbook. Now that I see yours, I wish I hadn't. All I know is once I finish my title page (you know, THE ONE) I will certainly be posting a photo so everyone will comment and call ME the scrapbook master!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, you are like an asmebly line. LOL I love the layouts and can't wait to see more. YOu need to leave some at Scrappuccino for us to admire.

    Love the blog. I'm a follower!! HEHE

    Look forward to see you again

    Angie Holt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.