Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grammy Review

And I don't mean ME!
For those of you that missed it, here's the run-down:
Whitney Houston---drunk or drugged?
Jennifer Hudson---forgot to take her napkin off after dinner (apparently someone told her before her performance).
Carrie Underwood---loved the sheer mini dress over the hot pants, she's gorgeous and those legs..
Chris Martin of Coldplay is Hhhhooootttt! and I love their performance--maybe not the greatest fashion icon, but loved the retro Sgt. Pepper look.
Sugarland---still love Jennifer Nettles, she's so cute and she totally KILLED with "Stay"--what a powerful voice---awesome. She can really chew those vowels---as well as Reba.
Kid Rock---loved his performance---"Amen"!
Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus---cute little pair and loved the new song by TS
Alison Kraus looked fabulous!! Robert Plant looks really OLD! Oh wait, he is!
Andy Williams has had some really bad plastic surgery, or else they pulled him out of the coffin.
Jonas Brothers gave their usual great performance, but I have to say, Stevie Wonder nearly ruined their song---and what was that "steal" from Peter Frampton? But I did love the duo of "Superstition" with Stevie and the JB--sounded almost updated for the 21st century. Goes to show, you can't teach the old dog new tricks, but the young pups are still trainable.
Katie Perry---I liked her costume---unusual to see flats---she must be really tall and she can't dance a whit---I guess that's why she hopped around a lot, but the performance was pretty good---maybe because "I kissed a girl and I liked it" too!
Kanye West---I can't stand him, but I do like a few of his songs even if he mostly talks them.
Kenny Chesney---still my country love.
Paul McCartney can still rock it! Sure, his vocals were a little weak, but he's practically an institution! "My heart went BOOM"---and I'm no where near "17"!
Adele---didn't think I even knew who she was, but when she sang, I recognized her voice. Now I just have to figure out which song she does that I like.
The "beautiful" Gwyneth Paltrow (notice how "beautiful" has become part of her name---like thebeautifulgwynethpaltrow?) committed what I think was a fashion faux paux---heavy woolen grey tights with a silver sequin dress---and the hair---not so good.
JT (I've liked him since his NSYNC days) and TI (my new favorite rapper) did a great duet---loved it.
Jamie Foxx, Smokey Robinson, the last living member of the 4 Tops and another guy that looked and sounded familiar butIdon'tknowwhoitwas did a medley of 4 Tops hits that took me waaay back---no way to describe it except "that I can't help myself"---I'll always love Motown music the best! Even Paul was all over it!
Neil Diamond is still "sweet" on "Caroline" and I'm sure glad even if he talked a lot of it. "Good times never seemed so good"!
'Lil Wayne and Robin Thicke did a little New Orleans show with a Mardi Gras band.
I really liked how the Grammy's put together some unusual pairs. For the most part it worked and added a bit of mystery to the show.



2 comments:

  1. I only watched for a while but taped the rest. I too liked Taylor Swift and Miley, enjoyed Carrie Underwood (loved her dress and shoes)and absolutely LOVED Kidd Rock! There's just something about him that totally appeals to me (sorry Dad-I know how you can't stand him). I disagree with you about Coldplay though. I am not a fan and I thought the performance was weird. What was up with the piano and the rapper in the beginning of the performance?! It just didn't work for me. And I'll admit, those Jonas Brothers are growing on me, but I still don't think they are all that cute. And call me crazy, but I didn't realize that Keith Urban (such a cutie) had an accent. Is he an Aussie too? I look forward to seeing Neil Diamond as I've always liked him. Does he actually sing or just present? Anyway, I loved your recap, Mom! Very entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch, but now I wish I had!! Sounds like it was good...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.