I am an “Ice Climber!” Who knew?
It’s not what you think. Here’s the story:
Jordan, Robbie, Morgan and Olly went hiking in Yosemite a couple years ago. I’m planning to scrapbook those pictures and requested that they send me some journaling about the trip. Jordan replied and there was something in her story that rang true for me:
"The distance up one of the mountains was relatively short, around 2 miles, but it felt much farther when you're hiking uphill the entire time… the hike down was not much better, as the ground was slick with many slippery rocks. After I nearly fell a couple of times. We utilized what we call, "the ice climbers protocol," where we held hands to increase balance going down. The ice climbers are video game characters from Nintendo's Super Smash Brothers video game."
Little did I know that I’ve been using this protocol when walking with family anywhere! I hold an arm to keep my balance! Somehow referring to myself as an “ice climber” seems way cooler than saying I’m old and need to hold on to keep from falling!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.